i have requirement screen shouldn’t timeout in working hours between 7 -6pm and then go for sleep and wakeup screen again on next day. as we already have screensaver settings set, i would think of remove the timeout settings, apply suspend job and wakeup job accordingly. do you suggest any better option for this requirement.
For the moment (even if we already asked) there is no real support for: “do action bla if local time of endpoint is ..”.
For the moment, I would see a workaround in having a combination of:
systemd-timers (a local scheduled task, so to say)
if time is 6-7am: do action a (disable Screensaver/Suspend), oustide action b (activate Screensaver / Suspend)
@member cant see custom command in firmware customization, will it compatible for igel 11 ver?
if i create new profile with below settings, would it remove screensaver settings applied in Base-global profile.?
here is the custom command part:
if you assign it nearer to the device, then it should overwrite it yes.
how to verify that applied profile settings took effect PC or any conflicts arise in from global profile in hierararchy?
Reight click the device in UMS, Edit configuration, go to the setting, hover with your mouse:
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to prevent IGEL OS screen from sleeping between time period and wake up again next day?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”