Is there tbe ability within IGEL OS to provide a link to a self-service password reset URL when the IGEL is configured for AD and passthrough Authentication?
We use the Hitachi-ID password reset tool and within existing windows thick clients, we have installed the software that modifies tbe windows GINA, don’t think we have the ability to add a link to the IGEL logon screen.
We was wondering if we could engineer an alternative by maybe changing the action that occurs when users instruct IGEL device to restart or if we can add a hyperlink to the IGEL logon box
We know we could disable AD Authentication that automatically launches a specific Citrix Machine Group, but this would mean dropping onto the desktop within the IGEL OS, which we dont really want to do as we only want yo use the IGEL to connect to backend Citrix Apps and Desktops
I don’t believe this is a native feature in the AD appliance mode
@member I agree with @member I see possible workarounds with scripting but tbh, since it‘s a security feature, I wouldn‘t like to bypass the existing mechanisms. I mean: there is always a way😄
From what I recall, we are planning a few changes on our AD Login screen / local User management, I will ask if there is a function that might fit!
Thanks for the responses @member and @member. Sounds promising regarding the changes to the AD Login screen, it would be ideal if you could add a forgot password hyperlink or button that goes off to the self-service password reset page and for this browser window to become the foreground application
I know Imprivata has this option in their appliance mode, but it would require purchasing their software
Budget all used already 🙁
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to provide a link in IGEL OS to a self-service password reset URL when the IGEL is configured for AD and passthrough Authentication?
‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”