With thin clients that are managed by the Igel Cloud Gateway, is there a way to just push a one-time command (a BASH/shell command or script)? I know that I could make a custom command and run it during some time during the boot process. With an internal thin client, I could just run it via SSH or a secure terminal, but those are not options with remote thin clients. At the moment, I’ll probably need to apply a custom command temporarily and reboot them, unless there is a better method.
Is it something that you could solve with a SystemD Timer? Actually I only that option or creating a mini Daemon like script
Possibly… I was hoping for the equivalent of logging in via SSH and running a command once now (and not necessarily ever again). To run a systemd timer, it sounds like I would need to ‘enable’ and ‘start’ it, so even if I put a .timer file on the thin client, I would still need commands to invoke it?
not really: let’s assume you created a Daemon or Scheduled command like /bin/bash /custom/mysript.sh
If you want to get this command runed, create a file called mysript.sh, upload it as file Object in UMS, assign to the devices you want to get involved and voilà the script will overwrite the local one and be called the next time. Can you follow my thoughts or is it just crazy? :thinking_face:
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to push a one-time command (a BASH/shell command or script) to IGEL OS over ICG?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?