Good afternoon community, I have a question regarding bookmarks in firefox with Igel OS. I wanna push Bookmarks to all IGEL clients with the UMS. The problem is every time I start the browser, Firefox creates a new Session folder from browser0 till browser5. Bookmarks are saved in the file places.sqlite. I can’t find a way to push the bookmarks to all clients because each client has a different folder where the places.sqlite file is saved. Any ideas?
Good afternoon! Do you mean /userhome/.mozilla/firefox/browser0 ?
There is have just one session and the wanted places.sqlite
and that should be the case everywhere. Of course, if deploying several Browser Sessions the number changes. Is that the case or did you searched in another folder?
If not, you could use files in our UMS, upload it ans store it in /wfs/ (if not a huge one) and link it as a Final Desktop command (System=>Firmware Customization=>Custom Commands=>Desktop) with ln -s /wfs/places.sqlite /userhome/.mozilla/firefox/browser0/
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to push Bookmarks to all IGEL clients with the UMS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”