Good afternoon community, I have a question regarding bookmarks in firefox with Igel OS. I wanna push Bookmarks to all IGEL clients with the UMS. The problem is every time I start the browser, Firefox creates a new Session folder from browser0 till browser5. Bookmarks are saved in the file places.sqlite. I can’t find a way to push the bookmarks to all clients because each client has a different folder where the places.sqlite file is saved. Any ideas?
Good afternoon! Do you mean /userhome/.mozilla/firefox/browser0 ?
There is have just one session and the wanted places.sqlite
and that should be the case everywhere. Of course, if deploying several Browser Sessions the number changes. Is that the case or did you searched in another folder?
If not, you could use files in our UMS, upload it ans store it in /wfs/ (if not a huge one) and link it as a Final Desktop command (System=>Firmware Customization=>Custom Commands=>Desktop) with ln -s /wfs/places.sqlite /userhome/.mozilla/firefox/browser0/
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to push Bookmarks to all IGEL clients with the UMS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?