I have 100 IGEL devices in UMS consuming licenses that are no longer in production. What is the process to reclaim the license and delete the IGEL from UMS? I know that deleting the IGEL in UMS is not the correct procedure because this will delete the IGEL but not free up the license. Looking for procedures. Thanks!
Brian – normally you have to delete the MAC address in the IGEL license portal. The man the license are free again in the UMS.
@member so delete the MAC address then delete the device in UMS?
If the device shouldn’t be there, yes. Delete or reset to factory to remove the UMS cert and configuration completely.
Thank you for your responses! This is why the IGEL community is so amazing!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to reclaim the license and delete the IGEL OS device from UMS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS