Hello, we used UD Pockets to turn a bunch of Dell computers into IGELs. Does anyone know if it is possible to redirect the built in CD drive to the Terminal Server via an RDP session? Thanks in advance.
Hello! Sounds like a fun project!
Is the CD Drive something like IDE / SATA or USB?
It is a SATA drive.
there’s a nice sata to USB conversion that makes it a much easier redirection process… here’s what I did a while back that turned out really nicely as well… www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6372449295194419200
I agree with @member SATA is a pain when speaking about redirections. You could map the drive by using the mapping function
and looking to where your CDROM is mounted to or if it needs a manual mount with lsblk
You could also go for good old RDP mapping.
Users will not be able to write data to the CD drive but it works well for reading cd-roms.
Just enable the storage hotplug under devices and enable drive mapping under RDP Global.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to redirect the built in CD drive to the Terminal Server via an RDP session on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”