We use some old thin clients as digital signage boards that just shows a website (Firefox full screen). We recently introduced some web pages that are dynamic, where the content is updated every few minutes. Is there a way to have the browser auto refresh the page on a schedule?
I don’t see the option to refresh a tab but I may be missing it. Would `Restart` work instead?
Well, without using a separate Browser extension (igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8WEVHWH2/p1553590913063700) I would go for a Browser Idle restart:
Settings in Setup > Browser Sessions > Global > Settings > Restart
Thanks guys – I think auto browser restart may work the easiest.
I have this set on my kiosk but i when the browser does “timeout” the browser does not restart, only if I click F5 to refresh the page then the browser will restart. What im looking to do is have a browser restart every 2 hours.
Then I guess that a conditional command should help: kb.igel.com/igellinux/en/configuring-a-conditional-countdown-and-command-4237879.html kb.igel.com/igellinux/en/configuring-a-conditional-countdown-and-command-4237879.html
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to referesh a the Firefox browser on a schedule in IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS