Does anyone know how to rename the Host name on the UMS? This server is running on an Ubuntu 18 OS. The server OS hostname is 15IUMS, but it keeps showing up as “IUMS” in the UMS.
From what I recall, cannot test it atm, it changed after creating a backup and then restoring it to be sure that it gets refreshed. But let‘s first find out which kind of Database you are using. external SQL or Embedded?
I assume that you already rebooted the UMS Server right?
We’re using an embedded database. Yes, we’ve rebooted
Ok, then (after having created a VM Snapshot) you could create a Full Backup by using the Rmadmin Application (kb.igel.com/endpointmgmt-6.01/en/the-igel-ums-administrator-10324220.html)
and then, restore it through the same application. It should re-initialize the Server name but like I said, I can‘t test it for 100%…
Ok i’ll give it a try. Thank You
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”