Looking for some suggestions…I need to push a new SSL cert out to internal and remote IGEL devices and am trying to see if there’s a way to report on which devices haven’t obtained the file. Luckily I have until end of May to ensure the cert is on all the devices, and I expect that most (if not close to all) would have rebooted and grabbed the file by then.
The only way to report it back to UMS (IMHO) is to use the UMS Structure TAG
if [ -f “$FILE” ]; then
setparam system.remotemanager.ums_structure_tag “file exists.” && write_rmsettings
Gotcha. We’re currently using the structure tag to place remote devices connecting through ICG into certain directories
Hem… Ok, that’s tough then… Maybe use curl to write back to a URL / FTP into a LOG?
curl -u ftpuser:ftppass -T $HOSTNAME.txt ftp.yourserver.com
That’s a pretty good idea. Not sure if the security team will allow, but nonetheless, a great idea! Again, worst case is that any stragglers will need to perform a manual reboot or power off/on, or swap their thin client if there’s an issue with communication to UMS through ICG (that’s another reason for reporting is to try and flush out any devices that for whatever reason are not connecting through ICG anymore)
Maybe something like this for client to run…
Thanks Ron, I will take a look
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to report which IGEL OS devices haven’t obtained a file?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?