Do someone know a way to reset a thinclient to factory default from the UMS (remote) without loosing the information from the UMS. The only way I know is to reset the thinclient to factory default while booting and then register in UMS.
May I ask why you are trying to do this? I don’t know of a simple way to just do it from the U.M.S., but you could probably trigger it remotely from an SSH session (are you simply trying to avoid sharing the password with the user… in that case you could just set a unique password on this thin client).
Hey @member what info don’t you want to lose?
You can reset to factory defaults on the client itself if that would help.
Some sort of asset number or the comments. Everything that is not automatically generated.
Yes I know that you can do it on the thinclient but therefore I have to sit in front of it or a user is doing it. That is a little bit difficulty in locations far away where the employees don’t even speak a language I can understand…
@member we have a feature request in progress on “reset to default without removing the object from ums”, when it will happen i can’t tell, but it’s confirmed as we speak.
In the meantime, activate SSH throuh a profile, login through Putty or secure terminal and send a reset_to_defaults.
Thanks for the answer 😄
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to reset a IGEL device to factory defaults from the UMS without loosing the information from the UMS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?