Question from a customer:
How can I restart a display (with an integrated ThinClient – without keyboard and mouse) and cleanly reload the Citrix session, which starts with autologin, if the device accidentally loses power and is switched on again?
Background: If the application is still loaded, it is in an undefined state and I cannot be sure that it will run properly.
The solution is as good as simple – what is happening:
(1) The first pnlogin contacts the disconnected Citrix session
(2) pnlogoff cleanly logs this session off and closes the application
(3) the second pnlogin restarts the session including the application
pnlogin; sleep 3; pnlogoff -f; sleep 3; clean_desktop; pnlogin
use these commands on finale desktop command section
And anyway to do just a disconnect ?
the disconnect is done by the powerloss
Ok, but thinking if I want to do just a disconnect, is there any command similar to pnlogoff?
You cannot bring back the full function of a published app after a reconnect sometimes. That customer wants to have a clear app state – so its not word or excel, its a special app.
a disconnect is easy, you only need to kill the Citrix Workspace app service
I had a command to disconnect session but now with the last version it asks about confirmation
Don’t do that
following, I need something like this too. sometimes the citrix session is hung and a logoff from the citrix client fixes it
-f forces a disconnect -l forces a log off
Killing wfica can lead to hung Citrix sessions
Yes, totally agreed
yes thats the plan
I you want to do this, that is command to do that
Thanks to everybody, I fixed one of my issues 🙂
so thats the right one:
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to restart a display (with an integrated ThinClient – without keyboard and mouse) on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- Lanching a published desktop via Citrix gives me “Error adding store:AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR”