I wrote down how to roll out Wallpaper on a ICG managed device. Even if it is working with customization profiles most of the time, it is not officially supported on that way, so we found a way to use officially supported features to archive it 🙂 www.apanthos.com/wallpaper-on-a-icg-managed-igel-os/
@member and @memberThank you so much for that, but let me say, that the „not supported“ Firmware customization Thing isn‘t mentioned in any way in the release notes, we should change that, IMHO.
The ICG v1.04 does NOT support the following UMS functionalities yet
Universal Firmware Update
It is documented in the KB: kb.igel.com/igelicg-1.04/supported-features-7120958.html
File transfer UMS -> endpoint device (except for Firmware Customizations > Wallpaper, Firmware Customizations > Bootsplash)
Well, ok, I must admit I didn‘t looked into that document. That would explain the other issue we had!
Anyways I also vote for noting it down in the release notes :=
Credit for finding the solution goes to @member 🙂
And @member 🙂
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to roll out Wallpaper on an IGEL ICG managed device?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”