Hey folks, apologies if I’m in the wrong channel, but I am wondering if there is a way to configure a profile in UMS to just run a custom command on a device? For example to remove a file, so the user just clicks on an icon on desktop and the specific file gets removed. Rather than putting a terminal on there and doing it manually
Hey Eamonn, you are perfectly right here! I would use:
You just would have to check when your command has to run.
I would look into custom applications as well, if you would like the user to initiate the command rather than running a command at a specific time: kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.500/en/custom-application-27247356.html
@member would you be able to describe which file and its location to help you choosing between both?
Yeah its for an Avaya application where sometimes a lock file isn’t removed on exit so the app can’t be opened again.
The current method is to add a terminal for the users and manually remove the file from a path like /custom/avaya-agent/userhome/.avaya-agent/
Eamonn, I own that ticket that Erick submitted – I’ll respond shortly 🙂
Aha perfect! thanks! We had been discussing it so I said I’d ask here too
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?