All , I followed the I followed this article to try and browse to that mounting point: kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.500/en/adding-an-icon-for-browsing-removable-storage-27246193.html , and it works, but when I browse to a folder I see icons with a GEAR icon and can not run (I can open text files OK)..any advise on how I can run an executable on a mounted CD/USB this way ? thanks
Open a terminal window, cd into folder and then ./filename to run it… Check the permission to make sure you have execute permission. (chmod a+x filename).
Understood , but how to make it available to any end user as they log on to the thin client and unplug/plug the device ?
Well… what is the use case? You may not want people just plugging in a drive and running things…
Use case is that we are using an Ironkey , which end users need to run the ironkey executable on Igel device to unlock …Thanks btw for your replies and advise…
Like noted in the following link, a terminal window is opened and the user needs to go into linux folder and run the commands…
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to run an executable on a mounted CD/USB in IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR