Hi All, We need to run 2 applications on IGEL in Citrix environment in the given time slots.
Use case scenario:
• Application A runs and displays maximized on the screen 7 days a week from Sunday 22:20 PM to Sunday 9:30 PM,
• Application B runs and displays maximized on the screen only on Sundays from 9:30 PM to 22:20 PM.
How we can achieve the goal?
Hi, with a bit of Linux knowlege you could work with Cron / or / SystemD Timers and start tthe sessions you want at the wanted timeslots.
move the device into another folder by CLI in combination with SystemD/Cron, by using the CLI Command.
rmdb_register -s <server> -p <port_number> -U <username> -P <password> -d <directory_id> -t <structure_tag>
and on Directory 1 put your Session 1
and on Directory 2 put your Session 2
Or (last one):
Define a view that identifies your enpoints:
Define an Admin task that assigns your profile 1 (or 2) at the time you need:
Define a Reboot Job based on that view:
Thank you for you fast reply! I’m not so proficient in creating Custom Commands but I will discuss your soulutions with colleagues
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to run configure IGEL OS to run sessions at different times automatically?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS