Hi, can I run UD as a virtual machine? Any ideas where I can get the software for XenServer?
Some you can.
Needing to do it for testing purposes?
I have it running on VMWare fusion and vsphere 6.5
@member if you are wanting a test machine like @member asked, there is an nfr license through the community that can be used with a VM. Like @member mentioned, many of us run it through VMware Fusion or Workstation. There is a video on the #community-nfr channel that shows how to get it going in Workstation. I’m sure if you watch that it should get you the information needed to run it in XenServer.
@member just to keep it clear: you can run our UDC 2 (v5), UDC 3 (v10) and the actual Demo of v11 in almost every hypervisor like described from @member, @member, and @member. The UD OS (from our own endpoints) is almost the same like on UDC, but isn‘t meant to be installed virtually.
Last thing: I never got it running on Xenserver but HyperV, Vmware, Virtualbox work fine
Hi guys. Yes, for testing, thanks for the help :-).
works on XenServer 7.6
@member cool! I had issues with UDC3 and Xenserver 6. But apparently works fine now!
@member did not try with UDC3, with OS11 I had to choose the correct VM template (latest ubuntu available)
@member and @member also the IGEL OS 10 works fine on XenServer, i’m using it on XenServer 7.6. Issues on previous versions of XenServer though.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to run IGEL OS as a virtual machine? Any ideas where I can get the software for XenServer? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?