What’s the timing of init_action for sessions? I’m trying to call a wmctrl command to maximize a WVD window. Is it as soon as the program opens or when a resource is connected to?
wmctrl -r “Remote Desktop” -b add,maximized_vert,maximized_horz;
you could create a Custom Application that does:
/bin/sh /config/sessions/yourSession && yourWMCTRLCommand
How can I specify other options in my Custom Application such as “Workspace resource to automatically start when connected” value?
Autostart requires network
Wanted to let the community know how we got WVD maximize implemented after working with @member.
We use this code in a custom app which calls our WVD session and uses wmctrl to handle the window actions
/config/sessions/wvd4 & sleep 1; wmctrl -r :ACTIVE: -b add,maximized_vert,maximized_horz;
We use the ACTIVE switch to specify the app the user just opened as using the “Remote Desktop” app name doesn’t work if a user opens multiple sessions before logging in.
Our users are presented multiple WVD icons so for clarity we also rename the app to the name of the WVD session prior to log on
wmctrl -r “Remote Desktop” -N “WVD – Test”;
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to run WVD session in a maximized window on IGEL OS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?