Is there a way to schedule all iGels to reboot at a specific time?
What your after is under ‘Jobs’ in the UMS console.
You can create a Reboot job and assign that to certain clients or folders.
Take a look here:
I combine this option with update firmware on reboot option at night. Next day the selected machines are updated without further human intervention 😇
That is exactly why I was asking the question.
Works like a charm 👍
You can also schedule a tasks that assigns update on shutdown – assign that to a view that list clients with an outdated firmware and let it run multiple times day. If the user then shuts down its updated. To change it to a new fw just change the view and assign the new fw
why it have to run multiple times a day?
Because clients are not always running at the same time
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to schedule all IGEL OS devices to reboot at a specific time?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”