Hi all, Is there an easy way to schedule the application of a screensaver? I have a requirement to activate a screensaver for a specific time period each day, and disable it outside of this.
Should be possible via administrative tasks. Create a view for the endpoints than create 2 profiles (one with screensaver, one with no screensaver) and assign them via 2 administrative tasks on given times.
I had considered using multiple tasks, but was hoping for something a little less clunky. Thanks.
Hi, can you specify the use case a little bit more? Do you need to lock the whole device or a session? If it is a session, which one?
Specifically, this is for point of care terminals in ICU hospital wards. We want to have no screensaver running between 7am – 7pm but have a blank screensaver running 7pm to 7am. Everything else is to remain the same. We use to do this with regular scheduled tasks on Win boxes.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”