So our previous thin client type (Dell/Wyse) were configured to automatically reboot after idle sessions of our Citrix PD (maybe every 4 hours or so), or if the session was logged out etc. Our iGel’s don’t seem to have the same behavior and I’m not sure if this is something that is supported. Is there a way to do a scheduled reboot via cron job along with a message to end users 10 minutes before the reboot? Or is there another best practice for scheduled reboots?
The 10 Min before reboot message will get difficult to do if triggered by UMS. There, only the Popup countdown is configurable.
You could work with this instead:
Ok thanks I’ll have a look and see if this will meet our needs.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to scheduled reboot via cron job along with a message to end users 10 minutes before the reboot on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”