So our previous thin client type (Dell/Wyse) were configured to automatically reboot after idle sessions of our Citrix PD (maybe every 4 hours or so), or if the session was logged out etc. Our iGel’s don’t seem to have the same behavior and I’m not sure if this is something that is supported. Is there a way to do a scheduled reboot via cron job along with a message to end users 10 minutes before the reboot? Or is there another best practice for scheduled reboots?
The 10 Min before reboot message will get difficult to do if triggered by UMS. There, only the Popup countdown is configurable.
You could work with this instead:
Ok thanks I’ll have a look and see if this will meet our needs.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to scheduled reboot via cron job along with a message to end users 10 minutes before the reboot on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?