We’re at the PoC stage for IGEL and UMS / ICG, so please forgive the newbie question. Is it possible to send the end user a custom message after the IGEL OS thin client has contacted the ICG/UMS, and downloaded it’s config profile and been successfully configured? We’re looking to deploy a cert to the Thin Client, that would be used for 802.1x Auth on the Thin Client.
Several different ways to do this. I’m sure Community will give you some options.
For example, you could have a cron job running looking at group.ini file for xyz and then displaying a message…
Locally the /wfs/group.ini is the file where all UMS profiles information is stored.
Well and the cron job could be looking for things, like a deployed /wfs/ca-certs
Ah, cool. Good to know. But from what you’re saying, nothing native within UMS it looks like. Not really a big deal, just a ‘nice to have’ as part of a potential 2-step end user process. The cert would be used for 802.1x Auth, which would then be used with a home-user SD-WAN device. So the cert needs to be on the thin client, before being used with the SD-WAN device. If that makes sense?
So, the first step would be to provision the thin client (over the Internet/ICG/UMS), when that’s completed, give the user a message that they can plug into the SD-WAN device
Hi @member it’s possible to send rich-text messages to users from the UMS. Not sure if that can be automated though!
You can automate in UMS using a Scheduled Job > Send Message and then pick the appropriate template
Thanks @member, I’ll take a look!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to send the end-user a custom message after the IGEL thin client has contacted the ICG/UMS, and downloaded config profile? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?