Is it possible to set a VMware Session to Disconnect itself after X amount of time? Like 15 minutes? The screensaver setup works great, but we have 2FA on our VMware Login and was looking for a way to force this when a user leaves their desk for more than 15 minutes. The screen saver and everything works great, but after 15 minutes it just allows them to put in their password on the VM.
It should! Did you had a look at screensaver and conditional command?
It will start a command after a certain amount of idle time you defined in the profile.
Thank you! I’ll take a look
This would basically mean the PC would reboot every X amount of time then all day long right? For machines that aren’t being used?
I do like the “Suspend on Inactivity” since it does close the Active VMWare Session. However the PC requires me to push the power button to power it back on. Any possibility to have the keyboard or Mouse “wakeup” the PC?
You could also use the vmware logoff process (can‘t check exactly the command atm) instead that would just logoff the session OR use the command logoff to logoff the local endpoint user in linux. This results in a direct relogon and if configured restart of the vmware login process.
Wakeup on keyboard press is IMHO only available on some foreign Bios vendors like Fujitsu, but on our owns, I would say no.
Ok thanks! Sounds like the log off the session would be the best option then @member
I can’t seem to get this to work
Can you share the concerned profile?
Yes I can
I was trying a few different things suggested, but this is what I just have as the last thing i’ve tested
Good News, I think i got it working
however im running into a weird Number Keypad issue now with this process. I’ll update you after more testing @member
This Profile Worked For Me to Disconnect a VMware Session after 15 Minutes of Idle.
looks like numlock may not be an issue
Awesome! Great Job!!
This profile might be worth experimenting with.
Cool thread. We will definitely take a look at this. Thanks @member! Also thanks for sharing @member
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to set a VMware Session to Disconnect itself after X amount of time on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS