Is there a way to set attributes to the BIOS on IGEL hardware as fi. asset tag (which you read out via dmidecode?)
Do you mean through profiles or on the device itself?
@member would like to migrate his current deployment way for wyse-devices to IGEL. as i understand it on wyse devices he can set the asset tag in the BIOS. On IGEL devices i seem not to find the option to edit BIOS Informations
From UMS side: no, I mean at this time. We are (I believe so) working on that topic. On Endpoint side, I remember that we selled a service to customers to set a couple of settings during the production process (it’s not happening so often). Let me check my UD6, stay tuned
On mine: either no.
Thanks. I already tried to convince him, that the Import of thinclients via csv is the easier way to automatically name the devices 🙂
Yes – just request a list from Igel with the mac adress of your new thin Clients – add Name and import to ums. As soon as a client boots (when automatic ums configuration is enabled) it picks up the name
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to set attributes to the BIOS on IGEL hardware as fi. asset tag ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”