I’m currently working on getting an inplace task sequence setup through sccm. I’d like to be able to set the hostname to match the previous PC name. Does anyone know if this is possible through the task sequence?
I dont believe you can set a name for the IGEL during the imaging unless there is some config file you could generate on the fly.
The easiest way to do it would be to pre-import all your devices into the igel console with a csv file using the mac address and the name you want them to have. Then on first check in, they will rename themselves.
I personally use long format imports, but this site will give you a general idea how its done.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to set the IGEL OS host name to match the previous PC name, after converting’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?