How to setup a profile for Win10IoT ThinClients, so that i wouldn’t get a splash screen from IE 11 (at the first start) and the Info for the Virus system.
I tested it, with the IE without FBWF, but it wouden’t store it to a service.snp.
The ThinClients are not in a windows AD, so they couldn’t get GPO’s from it.
thanks for having a look.
Seems like we would have to change a few Registry files for that, as far as I know there is no profile setting for that:
1) edit them with UFW deactivated, test, reactivate the UFW, and create a snapshot for a mass Rollout
2) use the UCB (separate license to be bought at Igel) and rollout the registry files as needed, without having to create and rollout big snapshots!
Navigate to the following path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwarePoliciesMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Note: The above branch does not exist by default, and has to be created manually, or by running the .REG file available at the end of this article.
Right click on the right pane and select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
Right-click on the new entry it and choose “Modify”.
Modify its DWORD (32-bit) Value to “1” (without the quotes) and click OK.
Exit the Registry Editor.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to setup a profile for IGEL Win10IoT ThinClients to disable splash screen from IE 11 ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?