Please can someone show me: How to setup a shutdown policy on UMS and how do I apply the policy without outage?
Hello, what do you mean by a “Shutdown ppolicy”?
This is a policy on UMS that can be applied to a folder on container to enable the TCs in the container to power off
I’m sorry, I am a little confused, there shouldn’t be anything that prevents the devices from powering off. Do you mean you want to display a shutdown option to the users somewhere?
No. You set a time or conditions that once met it powers
Ah, I apologize, I understand now. What you are most likely looking for is a “Job” not a profile
(view screenshot in the IGEL Community on Slack, join below)
You can also set a cron job in a profile using the registry feature, but you would have to update the device configurations
Using this method, will there be an outage ie when does this policy take effect. Is this user controlled or does it shutdown when the parameter given is met?
You can turn off notifications for a new profile, but I am not sure if this requires a user session restart on the device or not. It would have to be tested
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to setup a shutdown policy on IGEL UMS and how do I apply the policy without outage?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?