Anyone know how to Shadow an IGEL that’s not on your internal network?
Hello Alan, you would need to use an IGEL Cloud Gateway (ICG) and be updated to a later 11.02 firmware. This also requires an EMP license for each device that will be external.
Both are in place
Did you enable Secure Shadow on the device via profile, or the global setting in UMS?
Humm, let me check
Or where is that setting
Ok, just enabled
Do you try to connect or is there another setting that needs to be enabled
That really should be it. You may have to reboot the device after it is in place.
Ok, I’ll try now, thanks.
It may be an issue with the certificate at that point.
Can you try removing the UMS certificate, then storing the certificate back?
If that doesn’t work, try deleting the device, removing it from the recycle bin and then adding it back via ICG to see if that gets it.
Got it. I’ll try that as soon as I figure out this Citrix Workspace Browser button. Trying to have the Blue Citrix Workspace ICON go directly to a web browser
Ensure you create an internal dns entry for that match you’re ICG external fqdn that points to your ums server, ex: icg.yourdomain.com icg.yourdomain.com. This will ensure the certificate authentication pass when connecting via secure vnc.
Does it work?
Let me check
To quickly test, create the dns entry in the host file of the ums server and then launch the console from that same machine and try to shadow an icg connected device.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”