Is there an option available to sort the icons on the desktop? Using IGEL OS 11 with reduced desktop (no taskbar, just session icons and reboot/shutdown. Would like to have the icons in a specific order
Hi, for the moment only by using some directories on the Desktop. A properly spoken sorting feature isn’t available by default, will check if there is a script magic possible but can’t promise it.
Basically, the Desktop Icons are listed Alphabetically 0-1, a-z, sometime Sessions like a Terminal is named as 00220_xterm_000.desktop and goes to the top, even if the name “local terminal” would sort after D a.e.
So, without any kind of warranty, you could do the following:
1) locate your Shortcuts (terminal, root): ll/userhome/Desktop
2) rename the Sessions you want to order, in a Numerical order:
mv 000700_pnlogin_000.desktop 100700_pnlogin_000.desktop
If that works, you could put that commands in a Custom Command After desktop Starts.
Hope that makes sense.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- Citrix Optimized Teams user’s call crash when attempting to share screen on IGEL OS