Does anybody how to start a Java application inside Igel OS 11 we call the application to a URL but if we use it inside firefox it tell us that Java is blocked by the organisation but everything is correctly setup inside the Javamanager
Hi Vincent, following Oracle’s announcement regarding licensing for the JDK, IGEL made the decision to switch to an OpenJDK version of Java for OS11. OpenJDK is a free open-source alternative to Oracle JDK but Java Webstart is not part of this, since it was never released as open-source. This means that for now, IGEL OS 11 does not support Java Webstart. This is stated in the release notes for OS11.
Thank you for the reply We will test if we can have OS10 or lower and see if we can setup it on that OS
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to start a Java application inside IGEL OS 11 ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”