How to stop usb passthru on View Session with Logitech Unifying receiver? Passthru causes Mouse to try to install software , but fails and either causes the mouse not to work or locks up session until receiver is unplugged and re inserted
You could start by creating a deny rule in USB Redirection for this device:
For the Vendor / Product ID: Open a terminal (Accessories,Terminal,+,save), login as root and enter
@member, out of another support case with a Logitech M560 mouse it turned out that Citrix has restriction regarding USB redirection depending if you use XenDesktop or not.
“The following types of device are supported directly in a XenDesktop session, and so do not use USB support:
Also redirecting the Unifying Receiver is not supported.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to stop USB Passthru on View Session with Logitech Unifying receiver? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS