from today some of our thin clients are restarting from one to another moment – without any user action.
sadly the logging was turned off til that – now I turned it on in Global Configuration.
would this be a beginning where to search for the restart reason? or is there another TC-log? where we can check why the clients restarted?
thanks in advance!
Hi Karsten, yes, at leats ther eyou culd check if there a command sent to the device!
On endpoint, after a reboot, most logs are flshed but you might get lucky on Debug Partition.
which stores what you need / want in a persistent way.
Just in case: which kind of devices?
Thanks! I’ll check the debug partition.
we use UD3-LX60 devices
one more question @member: makes it sense to enable the persistent log partition (100 MiB) in System/Logging? we only use the igel for a horizon view session. so it should not have impact on storage or performance – or does it?
Well, in my opinion it could add an additional layer of small performance usage, and storage degradation, even it might be a really really small impact. I‘m usually teaching to only activate it if needed.
okay thanks for your information! we’ll check the debug logs if the restart happens again
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to troubleshoot IGEL OS thin clients restarting from time to time without reason?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS