Maybe it’s a simple thing, but i can’t seem to find the answer for it. If i want to update let’s say a Dell Wyse Thinclient 5070 to IGEL OS i need UDC 3. Is it free to download or is it based on a license? And is UDC 3 the only way to achieve what i want?
Is the Dell device currently running an older version of IGEL OS, or another OS?
Either way, you need to order two items. Workspace Edition license + Maintenance Agreement for that license
Optionally, you can add the Enterprise Pack.
It is running Windows 10 IoT at this point
so there is not a free option?
And to be clear what would i need to get this to work?
Workspace Edition LIcense is the minimum.
That gives you access to UMS (Management Software).
I strongly recommend grabbing the trial license to get a feel for it all.
Yeah i forgot to mention i have 1 M330C Thinclient connected to UMS
Yes, defintely. I would go for the latest OSC: fwu.igel.com/files/IGEL_OS_11/OSC/OSC_11.03.500.zip
You can download and install it:
Then you would need licenses:
Ah! Then assuming you are running UMS 6.x, just install IGEL OS 11 on the Dell device, scan for it from UMS – done.
A trial license can “talk” to UMS
And what if the trial expires?
The TC will continue to work, but it will no longer recieve changes from UMS. I think
Ah okay, i see. And just to try what is the best way to install IGEL OS on it?
I would create a USB Stick with the included preparestick.exe or rufus. You could use the PXE Appliance.
And where can i find it?
Did you see my post above? fwu.igel.com/files/IGEL_OS_11/OSC/OSC_11.03.500.zip
Now i did, thank you very much!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to update a Dell Wyse Thinclient to IGEL OS? Does UDC/OSC require a license?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to Open Firewall Ports Required by IGEL UMS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?