How to update a file?
I have some files on my devices, like a background image I want to change. I right click on the file in UMS, click on ‘Update file version’ and choose the updated file on my local file system. So the UMS should know that there is a newer file on the server.
When will the devices pull the new file? Do I have to tell them?
Usually, it should check the checksum on next reboot. You can push everything by right clicking on the endpoint folder, Other Commands,Settings UMS>Device
Yes, that’s how I thought it would work. It works with ‘normal’ files, but doesn’t seem to work with files that were created / uploaded with the ‘Firmware Customization’ wizard. Even ‘Settings UMS -> Device’ doesn’t update the file.
Which UMS / Igel OS versions are you using?
UMS 6.02.110 and Igel OS 11.02.150.01.
Hem, strange behavior. What happens when pushing a profile? Does that work instantly? Or removing the firmware customization and selecting apply now (instead of next reboot)?
I can apply a new firmware customization with another background image that gets changed instantly (by apply now).
It also seems to work with other files not assigned to a firmware customization profile.
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?