Is there any IGEL OS 11 command that can update a client’s Comment field on UMS? Similar to how the “rmdb_register -t” command can update the structure tag. I’d like to run a script upon user login that fills in the last logged in user in UMS’s Comment field. If there is no command on the client, I can do this via API in conjunction with our centralized logger, but a local option would be less complex.
May I ask a dumb question then? Why not using the User Login hostory which is already there by default?
I’ve never seen that have any data for us. We use Horizon + Imprivata. Is that combination compatible with logging data to that table?
Yes! for sure! here is a config: (see image in the IGEL Community on Slack)
Additionally, it would be great to see the last user when browsing the full directory view rather than having to drill into each client to see that user table
If you set command like above you can even search for the username in quicksearch:
I’ll give those settings a try… Thank you!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to update a IGEL OS client’s Comment field on UMS’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”