Hi there – I have an old custom partition for Chrome. Is there a way to easily edit it to put the newer version of chrome in there or do I have to start from scratch with a new cp?
Hi Stuart, it depends a bit from how the original CP was created but you could try to unpack the actual chrome.deb like described here:
and repack the content into the original file:
Then keep my fingers crossed that the original init script works.👍
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to update an old IGEL OS custom partition to the latest version?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?