Hi, I’m building a test environment for UMS. Everything is in place now, but I will use a dedicated web server for delivering the firmware updates to the demo clients.
I understood that I have to create a profile for the update pointing the clients to the web server. But how are the update files distributed to the web server? Is this a manual task or is there any automatic function in UMS for that? If it is a manual task, how do I have to distribute the content? Just copy the ZIP, decompress it, copy just parts, what folder structure, etc… I wasn’t able to find a documentation in the KB for that.
Thanks in advance Stefan
Working with FTP you could use this replicator function inside UMS:
If only Web service is meant to be used, I would suggest to replicate the [ums-installation-dir]rmguiserverwebappsums_filetransfer
to the new server – without the WEB-INF folder using Robocopy on Windows or Rsync on Linux.
When doing it without the UMS Filetransfer: copy the zip, and decompress it. No more actions needed.
Thanks Sebastien. I will try the rsync…
You can also learn how to do firmware update via FTP in the firmware update guide here: www.igelcommunity.com/igel-firmware-updates-guide
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to update files distributed via a web server to IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- Can I to use Remote desktop and webcam support via a thin client with IGEL software?
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- What is required for Zoom VDI/Zoom Media Plugin for Citrix on IGEL OS?