Hi, I’m building a test environment for UMS. Everything is in place now, but I will use a dedicated web server for delivering the firmware updates to the demo clients.
I understood that I have to create a profile for the update pointing the clients to the web server. But how are the update files distributed to the web server? Is this a manual task or is there any automatic function in UMS for that? If it is a manual task, how do I have to distribute the content? Just copy the ZIP, decompress it, copy just parts, what folder structure, etc… I wasn’t able to find a documentation in the KB for that.
Thanks in advance Stefan
Working with FTP you could use this replicator function inside UMS:
If only Web service is meant to be used, I would suggest to replicate the [ums-installation-dir]rmguiserverwebappsums_filetransfer
to the new server – without the WEB-INF folder using Robocopy on Windows or Rsync on Linux.
When doing it without the UMS Filetransfer: copy the zip, and decompress it. No more actions needed.
Thanks Sebastien. I will try the rsync…
You can also learn how to do firmware update via FTP in the firmware update guide here: www.igelcommunity.com/igel-firmware-updates-guide
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to update files distributed via a web server to IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?