Helle guys, how can i upgrade the firmware on IGEL usb stick to newest. I dont want to install UMS server and be in a company envirement.
I want to start the usb stick on a standalone machine (connected to internet) and update it via URL directly. How can i do that?
Thanks nice forum!
Hello, easiest way, go to page 81 of that guide:
There Doug pointed out how to create an external Firmware object. Hope that helps!
Thanks for the reply, i cant find where you can do this locally? NO ums and no Cloud gateway.
I want to do this by login to the udpocket and firmware update i there.
Can you maybe point out in the pdf what section?
You need a Remote Server (WEB, Samba, or FTP) where the device can download from, that‘s where you extract the Zip file mentioned in the doc, to.
Then you can reference it locally in the tool Firmware Update:
You cant point to Igel website to get the firmware directly down to Igel client
Okay i will try with the ftp mode 🙂
Probably you can use the officaly FW Download as HTTP-Server? Don’t have a Client where i can test it now.
Too late… 🙂
Not really… You need the extracted Zip file, our official Igel Servers are only holding the compacted form.
Didn’t know that. Thanks for clarification.
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?