Hi all, a big customer wants to accomplish the following tasks.
• upload a user certificate with private key on the thinclient, and let it validate via browser
• acknowledge via NetScaler, which connections are maded via a ThinClient
How can I accomplish this?
Thank you. Regards
Hi Giacomo, from what I recall I did it by importing cert&key manually: certutil and pk12util should help: gist.github.com/marians/b6ce3f2307a1a1ece69355a26c0a688a
I might have thought too complicated, but that worked. If you need it after confirmation, a final network command or copying the /userhome/.mozilla/firefox/browser0/cert9.db and key4.db should do the trick. But that’s just for the Firefox…
On User Certifcate AND Citrix: you could consider this Citrix statement:
User Cert Auth via NetScaler Gateway (via Browser Only)https://www.citrix.com/content/dam/citrix/en_us/documents/data-sheet/citrix-workspace-app-feature-matrix.pdf and check the Linux Column: not supported, from what I recall.
For the certificate ok, thank you.
But what about recognize on the NetScaler if a connection arrives from an IGEL? Firefox on the IGEL OS has a specific userAgent that permit us to know that comes from an IGEL?
You could set the User Agent manually to something that fits with using the <about:config|about:config> profile setting as a custom preference: kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.100/en/advanced-24386126.html kb.igel.com/igelos-11.03.100/en/advanced-24386126.html
Just checked: if they haven‘t other Linux devices, that one is to 100% listed in the useragent!
Perfect! Tried today, it works.
Happy to help!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to upload a user certificate with private key to IGEL OS to wort with Citrix NetScaler?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”