I am sure there’s a simple answer to this but I can’t find the right settings. I have a user that needs to use a microphone that’s plugged into the 1/8 headphone jack. In the Audio options in Igel OS (converted Wyse terminals) the mic shows up and is capturing sound. Once the user signs into their VDI (VMware Horizon environment) the mic doesn’t work and doing the audio test shows its not capturing audio. It does look like there’s some VMware driver that may be redirecting the mic but it is not working. Any thoughts? Here is the audio settings for this users Igel:
Is there a specific use case like Skype for Business or is it for another need?
Which kind of protocol are you using? PcoIP, RDP, Blast?
He uses it for a variety of web conferences, WebEx, GoToMeetings, etc. We’re using PCoIP. Thanks!
Maybe you have RTAV off. To switch it on, go to _Sessions > Horizon Client Global > Multimedia._
@member RTAV did the trick. Thanks!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to use a microphone that’s plugged into the 1/8 headphone jack through a VMware Horizon session on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”