I am sure there’s a simple answer to this but I can’t find the right settings. I have a user that needs to use a microphone that’s plugged into the 1/8 headphone jack. In the Audio options in Igel OS (converted Wyse terminals) the mic shows up and is capturing sound. Once the user signs into their VDI (VMware Horizon environment) the mic doesn’t work and doing the audio test shows its not capturing audio. It does look like there’s some VMware driver that may be redirecting the mic but it is not working. Any thoughts? Here is the audio settings for this users Igel:
Is there a specific use case like Skype for Business or is it for another need?
Which kind of protocol are you using? PcoIP, RDP, Blast?
He uses it for a variety of web conferences, WebEx, GoToMeetings, etc. We’re using PCoIP. Thanks!
Maybe you have RTAV off. To switch it on, go to _Sessions > Horizon Client Global > Multimedia._
@member RTAV did the trick. Thanks!
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to use a microphone that’s plugged into the 1/8 headphone jack through a VMware Horizon session on IGEL OS?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- How to downgrade IGEL OS versions?