Hey all, I have an interesting use case that I would like to possibly attempt. I would like to use an IGEL device to cycle through video streams. Like switch between IP cameras every 2 minutes. Has anyone done this before?
My team and I have been brainstorming a few ideas. One was to have multiple firefox or chrome tabs, one for each camera, and use an extension, cron job, or something like that to cycle through the tabs.
Hey David, sound like a cool project! I agree on Firefox, by disbaling the kiosk mode (igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8WEVHWH2/p1553590913063700?thread_ts=1553590913.063700) and using a local Firefox Plugin like Tab rotator (addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tab-rotator/) should do the trick!
As an additional idea: you could use different stream URLs and put them into the Parole Player (Sessions=>Media Player) and create a playlist that will play in repeat…
oh cool. Thanks
It’s just an idea, but it’s worst a try 😄
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to use an IGEL device to cycle through video streams, like switch between IP cameras every 2 minutes?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”