we have a lot of colleagues using the UDP at home. And they want to use their private printer. Is there an easy way to enable them using their printers (via Citrix)? Ubuntu as an example searches automatically for USB and network printers and tries to ‘install’ them. Is something like this also possible with IGEL OS / UMS?
Thanks for your anwsers in advance,
Hi Peter, Ron created a cool stuff on that, hope that helps:
Hi Sebastian, thanks for the links, i will try it. 👍
Please note this uses CUPS IPP for network printers. If they are attached by USB (I have not used a USB printer in over 10 years!) then this method will not work since IGEL OS does not currently have IPP-over-USB code. I have put in a feature request with IGEL to add this functionality but do not have a date to when this will be added.
Thanks for the note. I will keep it in mind.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to use local printers on IGEL OS in a WFH world?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How do I export list of IGEL OS devices in UMS as a CSV?
- How to schedule all IGEL OS devices to reboot at a specific time?