Hi, is there any way to use teamviewer for linux on Igel OS10? Igel Presales says: There is no need to implement that, because there is no customer who need it at the moment.
can you send me the Ticket Number?
I got something similar done for ScreenConnect, It worked, but it was not really performant, so i dont use it anymore. I could leak the name of the IGEL-engineer to @member
Hi Eike, the answer is quite easy to answer: Custom Partition. It‘s right, we don‘t need Teamviewer by default in our Firmware (license issues, support and so on) BUT if a customer needs that function, we as Igel, try to implement it through a Custom Partition.
That means: creating a „portable version“ of it and assign it through UMS. Let‘s see what Christian D. is able to find out
Problem solved, I think. probably the Support didnt understand the request but I organized the TeamViewer Custom partition for Eike yesterday 😉
Yup, thats right. Thanks a lot @member and @member for the quick help
Christian, is this documented anywhere on the Igel site? Not a requirement for us today, but it may be down the road.
There is a documentation about how to write your own custom partitio: edocs.igel.com/index.htm#14867.htm
but we are working on a better guide 😉
Heeeeeeeeeeeey, that guide is great! 🤓✏️
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?