it may be a strange question but … for OS11 i could use OSC to setup a virtual IGEL. Is there a way to get similar Installation-Images for IZ- and/or UD-Devices? I want to test my Configurations in a testing enviroment, but everytime i must change the devices on my desk to test the config. A virtual IGEL is more practical.
Yes, VirtualBox as the hypervisor or VMware. www.igel.com/blog/play-with-igel-in-your-own-sandbox/
The virtualisation is not my question. I am looking fpr the Installation-Media. I need something to put inside the virtualBox 😉. I have found the OSC download, but where to find the Download for IZ/UD?
Oh — I don’t think those are given out. An option may be to convert a physical to virtual… I’m not sure if that will work… something like … docs.vmware.com/en/vCenter-Converter-Standalone/6.2/com.vmware.convsa.guide/GUID-08F9E93F-B849-4BEB-90EB-D6DB78E384C5.html
Hi Manfred, since OS11, there is no real difference between UD and OS like it was on OS10 or earlier.
So, taking the ISO out of the OSC, boot your VM from it, and you should be good!
Just in case, here is a NFR License for a specific Mac, you can use costfree:
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to virtualize IGEL IZ- and/or UD device firmware for testing?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS