it may be a strange question but … for OS11 i could use OSC to setup a virtual IGEL. Is there a way to get similar Installation-Images for IZ- and/or UD-Devices? I want to test my Configurations in a testing enviroment, but everytime i must change the devices on my desk to test the config. A virtual IGEL is more practical.
Yes, VirtualBox as the hypervisor or VMware. www.igel.com/blog/play-with-igel-in-your-own-sandbox/
The virtualisation is not my question. I am looking fpr the Installation-Media. I need something to put inside the virtualBox 😉. I have found the OSC download, but where to find the Download for IZ/UD?
Oh — I don’t think those are given out. An option may be to convert a physical to virtual… I’m not sure if that will work… something like … docs.vmware.com/en/vCenter-Converter-Standalone/6.2/com.vmware.convsa.guide/GUID-08F9E93F-B849-4BEB-90EB-D6DB78E384C5.html
Hi Manfred, since OS11, there is no real difference between UD and OS like it was on OS10 or earlier.
So, taking the ISO out of the OSC, boot your VM from it, and you should be good!
Just in case, here is a NFR License for a specific Mac, you can use costfree:
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to virtualize IGEL IZ- and/or UD device firmware for testing?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above messasge thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- USB webcams in combination with RDP on IGEL OS?
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- After upgrading to IGEL OS 11.04.200.01 my Citrix Storefront configuration does not work anymore – Error adding store: AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR
- Citrix session crashes with black screen, any advice and how do I find logging?
- Any plans to support Teams Optimization Pack for VMware?
- IGEL OS on Raspberry Pi?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”