Does anyone know if there is a way to have the entire hard drive wiped during the IGEL OS install using the installer? What portion of the hard drive is overwritten by default? I am thinking 16 GBs..
If you can access a terminal (maybe ctrl+alt+F12), you could use dd to overwrite the disk or fdisk/gdisk/parted to clear the partition table (by making a new one).
A properly speaking Wiping function isn’t implemented atm. We asked for it as an optional step but it isn’t on the roadmap for the next versins tbh.
@member, do you want to remove the index, or write 0’s to the disk multiple times? The later part is very time consuming, the first is “fake”
The real goal is to overwrite so that the result is something we can stand behind. It sounds like taking the extra step is the best method but slow.
@member as we do not have a function for this, and it would extend the time install of igel OS, if clearing out the disk is a requirement, my recommendation would be to user a disk wiper software before installing igel OS. Though, thinging of a Feature Request to tell igel OS to wipe disk after install when machine is idle…
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘How to wipe the entire hard drive during the IGEL OS install using the installer? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”