At my company we are testing with an IGEL M330C in combination with UMS 6.04.110. Now i am trying to update the firmware of the thinclient throught UMS and i get a HTTP connection error. Does anyone have suggestions i can try to solve the problem?
Did you downloaded the Universal Firmware Update file inside the UMS and then assigned it to the device?
and this document covers every step in detail:
I have followed the steps and the last step in which you select the thinclient, then select update and wait for it to finish. Right after that i get a host connection error. Not really sure what it could be since changing policies seems to go without a problem.
, login as your admin account (specified during UMS install) if you can do that , 8443 is open, check. try to download a file, if you can do that, read permissions are OK.
it seems to work on the thinclient, i am able to access the webpage and download a file
Can you provide screenshots about the device informations, the firmware update itself under Universal Firmware Update and the content of update folder?
yeah sure, just a minute
In the second screenshot, in the host entry: please replace localhost by IP of your UMS Server.
I’ve changed it to the right IP
Could it be that the wrong credentials are mentioned in the entries? It seems like a standard user that doesn’t have access to the files
This user is a generic one, you shouldn’t change it tbh. I would reset the device to factory defaults and retry.
okay, thank you for the support
An update according to the problem i had yesterday, what seemed to help was manually inserting the domain name and both dns-servers on the thinclient through ums. Suddenly the firmware started updating after updating the settings.
I think the problem is about SSL versions: Older ones the firmware in the screenshot is forced to use are not provided by UMS by default anymore. You can edit the configuration of the UMS webserver (have to repeat after every UMS update:
-> sslEnabledProtocols=”TLSv1, TLSv1.1, TLSv1.2″
Later IGEL firmwares (OS 5) support later TLS versions.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘”HTTP connection error” updating firware on IGEL UMS 6.04.110’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?