Question posted in the Citrix CTA Slack channel if anyone has any answers:
“I have and IGEL UD6 terminal with 2 Ethernet network cards. Is it possible to “virtualize” one of them and pass the traffic into Citrix VDI machine? I tried to use Ethernet to USB adapter and the network card is visible. But it stops to work after some time (no idea why). Hoped that I can use just 2 network cards on the terminal device. But the 2nd card – I cannot make it visible in Citrix session – any ideas? Is it at all possible?”
Que? Why would you out of a security perspective want to map a network card through the session?
I don’t get the point
I’m just the messenger 🙂 I can get them to elaborate why they want to do it.
they want the IGEL to act as a router for the Citrix server?
I’ll let you know the reply
“I have IGEL terminals in the labs. And one of the scientific equipment uses RJ-45 to connect to the terminal (how stupid is that IMHO). And to be able to interact between application on Citrix VDI machine and the scientific equipment I have to somehow present that network card and connection in Citrix session”
hmm.. i think this is the wrong approach
do even citrix support redirection of LAN/Wifi adapters?
I think it will mess up the base operatingsystem too..
@member maybe thats the same thing that we discussed via mail?
Yes it is. I called them yesterday. It is a device to analyse blood samples which is communicating via an RJ-45 port. They tried to USB redirect an USB Ethernet card to the Citrix VDI before. It worked but not reliable. They thought an PCIe card would perform better, but didn’t know it can not be redirected. I don’t think there is a solution for this. The device vendor would need to develop an virtual ICA channel to forward only the data to the VDI and not the whole device. But it is highlight unlikely that this will happen any time soon.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘I have and IGEL UD6 terminal with 2 Ethernet network cards. Is it possible to “virtualize” one of them and pass the traffic into Citrix VDI machine? ‘. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS