Server: Debian 9
Test VM is setup on VMWare fusion
Recently setup ICG and an ftp server on the same box. I’m experiencing issues with the firmware upgrade part using the external ftp server. I’m receiving two error messages regardless of the firmware version
Error: The source doesn’t provide the gstfluaac partition
Error: Update of Fluendo GStreamer AAC Decoder partition failed.
Error: Firmware update failed.
Error: Update source doesn’t provide required partition.
Error: Couldn’t connect to server
Error: Cannotn download firmware from the URL costso.domain.com/lxos_11.03.580/lxos.sys
Error: Firmware update failed
Error: Failed to write partition data
even if it‘s isn‘t recommended to do it on the same Box, it should work. Which kind of errors do you get?
I must have missed that. So best practice would be to install it on another box?
Just updated with the post. ftp user has rwx on the directory and rx on the files
Are you bridging your network adapter if using Fusion? I think it will try to NAT by default, which you do not want. Are you able to use a FTP client on an outside box to connect and download from that directory?
Well, yes, but it‘s more a recommendation 😉
Can you show the content of your FTP Root folder?
Are the VSFTPd logs helpful in any way?
Thanks for the questions guys. Looks like my firewall rule were too restrictive and i didn’t have enough passive ports open. I’m going to wipe my VM to start fresh, but my two initial tests worked without issue.
Maybe you switch to a Webserver instead of FTP? Muss less trouble when using NAT and Firwall. We have lighttpd installed on a virtual host in the Azure cloud and it works without any problems.
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘ICG and an ftp server on the same box – issues with the firmware upgrade part using the external FTP server’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?