I was wondering if I use Skype for Bussines with XenDesktop with HDX, do I need to buy Igel media Codec?
You mean in combination with the Skype Realtime Media Endigne (RTME) or only through Webcam and Multimedia Redirection?
1: RTME: from the functionality point of view: no, it will work without. From a licensing pov: yes, it needs a mmcp license. Sounds weird, I know
2: WR & MMR: yes.
We use SFB with RTME , we use usb phones, not webcam. Just youtube videos in citrix xendesktop
Then, short answer: yes!
But why does it work without that license?
Because the Codec as a software is included in the RTME client but has to be licensed by customer. Would you be able to buy a license somewhere? No, the only way is to get them by buying the mmcp. Would it popup during a license Audit? Can not say that I’ve seen it but who knows
sooo, are you saying it works without a license, but to stay in license compliance one needs to purchase the license?
Yes! That‘s what our PM told us a few months ago (question came up quite often)
NOTE: IGEL Media Codec is included for free in IGEL OS 11
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘If I use Skype for Bussines with XenDesktop with HDX, do I need to buy IGEL media Codec?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS