Help With Buddy Update.
We are starting to implement the buddy update method as we have remote sites on 10mb connections.
What I’m struggling to understand is that we have created both the buddy master and buddy client profiles correctly. However do both the server and client need to be put into the latest firmware on the UMS console?
Because at the moment the “slave” client wont recieve the 11.05.100.01 firmware update?
Thanks all in advance
This order is really important :
1) Apply teh Profile for beeing Buddy Master
2) Assign then the Firmware Update
3) Then do the update
After that the device (master) will hold the update for the other branch office devices. Second important notes:
master and slave need to be on the same VLAN/LAN Segment
the slave should only have the Slave profile assigned with automatic Buddy detection, no Firmware updates assigned (even on a higher directory level).
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘IGEL Buddy Update problem where “slave” client wont recieve IGEL OS firmware update’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- IGEL UD3 (LX50) randomly get this error with Citrix: The X Request 130.1 caused error :”10: BadAccess ( attempt to access private resource denied) any ideas?
- Error “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR ” adding store in Citrix Workspace App version 20.x on IGEL OS 11.04
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”
- What distro of Linux the IGEL kernel is based on?