We have an Igel converted laptop which works fine other than every time it is booted up it the wireless is switched off. I cannot find a setting that would be doing this. The wireless interface is activated in the profile. Any ideas?
Which Igel OS version are we speaking about?
Does this happen when only applying the Wifi profile and nothing else?
11.03.100, so I updated the firmware to 11.03.110 and it does the same.
We dont have a Wifi profile as such, each profile is for a specific device and has all the settings for that device
Ok, can you please open the local configuration of the device from UMS (right click on device, Edit configuration? There please check if something is entered under one of the following submenus:
System=>Firmware Customization=>Custom commands=>everything BUT Post Session
There are no commands in any of those
Just to avoid some misconfigurations: can you create a separate folder and only one profile is assigned to? In this profile you only configure your wifi setting and nothing else.
Hi @member did you try the fix here? igelcommunity.slack.com/archives/C8GP9JHQE/p1582207952319600?thread_ts=1582207290.317900&cid=C8GP9JHQE
Its not that the wireless isnt working, it is just switched off on boot up, switch it on in Wireless Manager and it works no problem
Ahh I see, thanks for clarifying. What exactly did you set in the profile (screenshot would be handy)
i think I have resolved the issue, I reset the laptop back to factory settings and just applied the wireless settings and it appears to work. I have applied the original profile to the device and it seems to be working now. Thanks
Continue reading and comment on the thread ‘ IGEL converted laptop which works fine other than every time it is booted up it the wireless is switched off?’. Not a member? Join Here!
Learn more, search the IGEL Knowledge Base
Ask a question or comment on the above message thread?Join or log in to the IGEL Community to ask us anything and meet other IGEL customers, partners, and EUC enthusiasts.
Submit a question, or Join Today!
Popular Message Threads
- Receiving error: “Citrix Receiver cannot create a secure connection in this browser” when launching a secure connection from Firefox on IGEL OS
- How to Install IGEL OS via a Bootable USB Drive
- How to change the default IGEL UMS admin password?
- Where to delete the certificates that cause ‘invalid certificate’ when trying to import an IGEL into UMS?
- Citrix connection via Netscaler Error: “AM_ERROR_AUTH_NETWORK_ERROR” on IGEL OS
- IGEL UMS Universal Update Error: “could not resolve host name”
- Error connecting to Citrix StoreFront “Error adding store: Http error”